Emerson is pleased to announce our participation in the upcoming AHR Expo at the Las Vegas Convention Center on Jan. 31–Feb. 2. We will be exhibiting in booth C3106 in the Central Hall, where our latest advancements in sustainable refrigeration technologies and solutions for CO2, R-290 and A2L refrigerants will be on display.
As the commercial refrigeration industry continues the transition to refrigerants with lower global warming potential (GWP), CO2 (or refrigerant R-744), R-290 (or propane) and A2L refrigerants are poised to play ever-expanding roles. Over the next several years, food retailers will face new regulatory compliance challenges that will impact their refrigeration system choices. At the same time, many have stated corporate sustainability objectives that are driving them toward the implementation of more environmentally friendly refrigeration technologies.
For retailers considering sustainable refrigeration strategies, Emerson is committed to helping them make this transition as easily as possible. At AHR Expo, we will be highlighting some of the latest developments for each of these refrigerant categories.
CO2 with confidence
Our comprehensive approach to CO2 refrigeration systems focuses on the seamless integration of compression controls, valves and related components. Our knowledgeable CO2 specialists will be on hand to lend their expertise, consult with you about your refrigeration goals, and advise you on how to:
- Transition to low-GWP CO2 refrigeration with confidence
- Simplify CO2 system complexities with advanced controls
- Deploy CO2 in various climate zones throughout the country
Among the complete CO2 solutions on display will include:
- Copeland™ 4MTLS transcritical CO2 semi-hermetic compressor
- Copeland ZOD subcritical CO2 scroll compressor
- Lumity™ E3 supervisory control for CO2 applications
- Vilter™ HPLD single screw compressor
- Copeland variable frequency drives (VFDs), EVM series
- Emerson valves and controls
- CV (120 bar [EEV])
- CS3 (120 bar [pressure switch])
- Lumity CC200 case control
Visit our booth to learn how each of these components is designed to maximize CO2 system performance and simplify installation, commissioning and operation throughout the lifecycle.
Our booth will also allow you to explore new opportunities for efficient, low-GWP R-290 refrigeration in self-contained units. Recent increases in charge limits have set the stage for wider R-290 adoption and the potential for larger capacities. We will demonstrate how Emerson is focused on reducing energy consumption through our fixed and variable speed R-290 compression technologies. Our AHR Expo product portfolio will include:
- Copeland™ horizontal variable speed scroll condensing unit (AHR Expo Innovation Awards Finalist)
- Copeland VFDs, EVM series
- Copeland ZB*KAU fixed speed scroll
- Copeland variable speed hermetic reciprocating compressor and drive
- Copeland fixed speed hermetic reciprocating compressors
- Copeland M-Line condensing units
- 100RB Series solenoid valve
- Copper spun filter drier
- PS4 pressure switch
- BVS ball valve
- Dixell™ XRi Series variable speed controls
Exploring the potential of A2Ls
For those interested in emerging A2L refrigerants, we will explore the potential for higher charge limits and how their broad applicability will provide additional refrigerant alternatives in the near future. We will demonstrate how we’re developing low-GWP A2L solutions designed to help retailers meet strict regulatory standards by:
- Enabling higher charges than R-290 in self-contained equipment
- Supporting remote condensing unit refrigeration in retail applications
- Qualifying A2Ls in reliable and efficient Copeland scroll compressor platforms
So if you’re planning on attending AHR Expo, be sure to visit booth C3106 in the Central Hall. We look forward to meeting you and exploring how we can help you to meet your sustainability goals.
*Emerson’s Climate Technologies business is now a new standalone company: Copeland. Building on...
Copeland recently made it a priority to re-think refrigerated case control from the ground up,...
The continued advancement of building automation technologies is creating new opportunities for...
The post Sustainable Refrigeration Solutions on Display at AHR Expo appeared first on Copeland E360 Blog.