*Emerson’s Climate Technologies business is now a new standalone company: Copeland. Over the next few months, GO real-time trackers and Oversight cargo software and value-added services will transition to the Copeland brand. Building on more than a century of HVACR innovation and industry leadership, Copeland will continue to offer the same products you’ve grown to trust while renewing our commitment and investment in the development of next-generation technologies.
Food Chain Digest, the official magazine of the Food Shippers of America (FSA), recently included Emerson* Cargo solutions on its 2023 “Top Food Chain Technology” list. The Top Food Chain Technology program recognizes standout technologies in food transportation, logistics, distribution and supply chain management.
After all qualified nominations were accepted, Food Chain Digest sent out ballots for professionals in the food supply chain industry to vote for the most relevant technologies in the industry. Nearly 2,000 votes were received earlier this year in March.
Copeland was selected for Emerson* Oversight cargo services software and GO real-time 4G/5G tracking devices — technologies that help food shippers mitigate food waste while ensuring only the freshest, safest products reach consumers.
Keeping food fresh on the “GO”
GO real-time trackers have revolutionized cold chain monitoring with real-time visibility into perishable shipments, providing 24/7 temperature, location and security data. This level of complete trip visibility enables users to monitor and protect the temperature of perishable foods on the road, identify the specific location of a shipment of potentially life-saving medicine, and verify the security of high-value merchandise in-transit.
Called the “first line of defense” by one fleet for protecting both full and partial truckload shipments, GO tracking devices mitigate lost loads, reduce waste, and safeguard supply chains. They also provide the valuable and actionable data needed to streamline supply chains, maximize perishable freshness, and make critical business decisions.
For those who don’t need real-time access to shipment data, GO loggers provide visibility into historical trip or shipment data, so you can know what happens to your cargo when it’s outside of your direct control. These insights allow you to uncover areas of improvement within your supply chain and pinpoint issues that impact food quality and safety decisions. GO loggers are also available with pre-programmed temperature ranges and visual temperature breach alerts.
Going above and beyond with Oversight
Cloud-based Oversight cargo services take the benefits of GO trackers and loggers even further with a suite of next-level services that drive operational improvements in your cold chain. The Oversight platform offers powerful capabilities — some available at no cost — to help you boost customer loyalty, optimize shipments, preserve your peace of mind, make better-informed cold chain decisions, and protect the integrity of your brand. These include:
- Track Your Shipment —A free module that provides growers and producers with quick and easy access to real-time, in-transit, perishable shipment data. By adding just a few lines of code, you can display a Track Your Shipment box on your website, customized to conform to your brand.
- Reports and Scorecards — This service consolidates data from trackers and loggers to provide insights capable of improving your operation and pinpointing the sources of recurring problems — such as whether a specific carrier, origin or destination is failing to maintain temperature compliance.
- Data Integration — This module allows you to see critical information from multiple platforms — such as location and temperature alerts — in a consolidated view. This benefits your operation by eliminating duplicate work, minimizing opportunities for error, and reducing your overhead costs.
- Managed Services —An option to extend your in-house resources by outsourcing some (or all) of your monitoring tasks to an experienced team of cold chain specialists. This provides continuous monitoring whenever your shipments are on the road — no matter what time of day or day of the year.
- Professional and Consultative Services —Need a fresh perspective? An experienced and professional team of cold chain specialists can perform a comprehensive on-site consultation and analysis to identify gaps in your operation.
To learn more about Copeland’s award-winning cargo tracking and monitoring services, visit the Cold Chain Tracking and Monitoring page.
The post Copeland Named to the 2023 Top Food Chain Technology List appeared first on Copeland E360 Blog.