In today’s episode, we are joined by a special guest from Perfect Technician Academy (PTA), Dr. Thomas Moorman. Dr. Moorman has spent his career working in higher education and is now helping military veterans and others find fulfilling careers in the HVAC industry. We dive into how PTA started, the school’s mission, 97% graduation rate, what makes Dr. Moorman so passionate about the industry, and how army veterans can have a successful career in the trades.
Host: Lindsay Headings, Digital Marketing and Content Manager, Emerson
Guest: Dr. Thomas Moorman, Provost and School Director, Perfect Technician Academy (PTA)
- 0:09 – Welcome
- 1:21 – Who is Dr. Moorman and why skill trades?
- 3:03 – Median salary for an HVAC tech and the advantage of being in the trades industry
- 6:05 – History of PTA and its mission
- 8:27 – Transitioning your skills from the Army to skills trade
- 13:20 – How does PTA help its students find a job after completing the program
- 14:59 – Goal of PTA
- 15:34 – Graduation and placement rate
- 16:36 – PTA’s plan to make an impact on the HVAC industry and developing quality technicians
- 17:20 – Past success story of a PTA graduate
Who is Dr. Thomas Moorman – Dr. Moorman has spent his career working in higher education, most of it with the University of North Texas Health Science Center where he served as the Vice Provost of Academic Initiatives. In his current role at PTA, he’s helped the academy earn recognition and awards, such as the Military Friendly School Designation, and focuses on helping military veterans find fulfilling careers in the HVAC industry.
Perfect Technician Academy (PTA): At PTA, the primary goal is to make a difference in the working world. Recognizing that creating a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning school could make a real change, they hope to improve the lives of others by providing access to training and certification that lead to successful trade careers.
Perfect Technician Academy (PTA) links:
The post Skilled Trades and Opportunities for Service Members appeared first on AC & Heating Connect.